2. Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the site that can be viewed without providing personal information, however for access to additional FTA customer features you are required to submit personally identifiable information.
Types of information we may collect:
• Personal Information: Personal information is information to specifically identify an individual, such as a user’s name, address, and e-mail address. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
• Usage Information: Personal information does not include usage information. Usage information is data we collect about our services and customer usage of those services, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Usage information helps us understand trends and customer needs so we can better refine and introduce features to improve user experience. We might share usage information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
3. Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling payments and customer support enquiries. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. FTA takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
4. Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
5. Email and Newsletters
When you create an account and/or order products from us, we ask for personal information such as your name, delivery address and email address. This personal information may be used to send you the newsletter(s) and other information that you have opted in to receive. You may choose not to receive promotional emails or electronic newsletters from us by: (A) following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the specific email from which you wish to opt-out; (B) visiting the “Your Account” or equivalent section of the Site and following the appropriate instructions or (C) contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the particular email(s) from which you wish to be removed.
6. Public Forums
7. Contests, Promotions, Offers, and Surveys
From time to time FTA may request personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities might include contact information and demographic information. We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We also may collect usage information (ie, “what is your satisfaction level with the FTA services you have used?”). We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes and to refine or identify new features to best support our users. We might also provide third parties with this information, and might combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties might use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Web site to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
• FTA’s own business purposes: We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate market size, measure traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, usage and other trends among our users. We might outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We might also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third-party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
• Business transfers: Information about our users, including personal information, might be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
9. International Users
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control. We provide no guarantee that such personally identifiable information will not be the target of malicious or unauthorised attempts by third parties to obtain such information and in the event of such a third-party obtaining information through unauthorised means, we will be unable to control the use of such information
11. Third Party Links
12. Third Party Sources
14. Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. FTA reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.